Alexandria, Virginia is one of the country’s most pet-friendly destinations. It’s true! One of every four Alexandria residents has a dog. So whether strolling through Old Town or Del Ray, you’ll see water bowls (and free treats) set out for four-legged companions. But what about when you need to get out of the house for real and treat yourself (and Fido!) to some time when someone else makes the bed and brings the room service?
Your pup likely wishes you’d pick The Alexandrian Hotel. Here’s five great reasons why.
- S/he probably already knows about Yappy Hour. Every Tuesday, The Alexandrian hosts Yappy Hour in the courtyard from 4 – 7pm. There are pup-tinis and complimentary treats. You both get social time, sips and savories!
- Outdoor Adventures: Check with the concierge for maps of dog-friendly local spots and trails including Dog Park and more destinations for a ‘pups day out.’ Having your own spa day? Local provider ‘Walky Paws’ will make sure Buddy gets walked… and offers a 10% discount on all services. Whether with you or with a new friend, your pet will be treated and tired out.
- In-room Savory Dining Options for pets include $4 soups, consisting of either roasted chicken or beef broth, and a healthy entrée consisting of English peas, pumpkin, carrots and brown rice, with choice of ground beef, poached chicken breast or albacore tuna. Those are some barkworthy bites!
- After a day of stay and play, you’ll both benefit from The Alexandrian’s relaxing Turndown Service. For four-legged friends, complimentary turndown service includes a yogurt dipped dog biscuit placed bedside.
- The hotel even has a Woof-Worthy Welcome Package. For a separate deposit fee, dogs are provided with a plush dog bed, blanket, bowl, doggy walk bags, a map with local dog-friendly walks, two dog biscuits, bottled water and special offers for The Dog Park, a local neighborhood pet boutique.
- Now this one is truly over-the-top! Doggy Weddings. That’s right. At The Alexandrian, guests have the opportunity to arrange a wedding ceremony for their pups, utilizing the hotel’s courtyard to host the nuptials, complete with a curated menu and custom doggie wedding cake. It’s just too cute to witness them say their bow-vows.