Want to learn what it takes to host a Spanish style alfresco brunch bash?
To celebrate that TapaBar Bethesda is now open for America’s favorite meal, Chef Alonso Roche is offering a unique opportunity to practice his tapas with a breakfast twist.
“People don’t really do brunch in Spain because for the most part they are still asleep BUT just like everything we do at TapaBar, our brunch is our interpretation of what an authentic Tapas restaurant in Spain would prepare IF they served brunch,” said Chef Alonso.
Appender & Comer (roughly: Learn & Eat) will include a presentation of dishes, a selection of light bites to nosh on throughout the presentation, and bottomless sips of the attendee’s choice (Mimosas, Sangria and fresh mocktails). And of course you’ll enjoy the full meal following the demonstration! Take-home recipe cards will be provided to reference for the next hosted brunch party.
Here’s what’s on the menu:
- Smoky Gazpacho Bloody Mary: House Gazpacho recipe infused with spices, mezcal and Pimentón.
- Pan Tumaca: Toasted bread rubbed with farm fresh tomato, garlic and olive oil
- Tumbet Mallorquin con huevo pochado: A layered summer vegetable dish with summer squash, tomatoes, onion, peppers and potatoes finished with a poached egg
- Torrijas con salsa de Rioja y vainilla: Spanish French toast with a vanilla red wine reduction
- Churros con chocolate: Churros with a cup of thick Spanish chocolate
This Apprender & Comer is offered on July 29th at 11am and will be available for $40 per person – tickets can be purchased here.
TapaBar recently opened for lunch Tuesday through Friday (11:30 to 2pm) and brunch on Sundays (11 to 2pm).