Georgetown is already a popular place to be, but on Fashion’s Night Out in September, it’s the spot for the stylish set, with more than 100 ways to shop, play and dance on Thursday, September 6, 2012 from 6-11pm.
At the event’s VIP launch at AllSaints on Tuesday night, the Host Committee unveiled a handful of new hot themes for 2012, including a pop-up disco outdoor dance floor with booty-shaking DJ tunes and a stylish shopper’s lounge, as well as the familiar designer trunk shows and community red carpets where everyone can be a star.
New this year:
- Pre-FNO Clothing Drive: On the two weekends before Sept. 6th, BrightestYoungThings and Goodwill DC will hold a clothing drive with drop-off locations at participating Georgetown retailers. People can clean out their closets to make way for fall and their purchases on Fashion’s Night Out. For a list of retailer locations, please visit the FNO Georgetown website.
- Everyone’s a Star: On FNO Georgetown, everyone can be a star and ‘walk the red carpet’ and get their picture taken at four FNO Georgetown red carpet locations throughout the neighborhood. Fashionistas can play dress up and strike a pose on Fashion’s Night Out at Cady’s Alley, 30th & M Street (SunTrust Bank), Wisconsin & M Street (Banana Republic) and the Dean & DeLuca/BrightestYoungThings Lounge on M Street.
- FNO is Musical: As DC’s fashion star rises, so does its music scene, as reflected in the music that will be co-starring with the stores’ events on FNO. From ESL Music DJs and Fatback DJs at the Dean & DeLuca lounge to an outdoor pop-up disco dance floor with rotating DJ sets by Fatback at the PNC Bank lot, there’s no denying the local musical talent in DC, and the natural pairing of a night of fashion with a night of music. In addition to shopping, guests can take a break, let their hair down, and chill or re-energize with ESL or Fatback – whatever shakes your booty.
- BYT Lounge Takeover: Guests can entertain and be entertained as BrightestYoungThings brings a slice of their ever-creative fun to the Dean and DeLuca patio lounge from 7:30-11pm, fresh with Fatback DJs spinning all night.
- Signature FNO Cocktails: A party isn’t complete without cocktails, and several Georgetown restaurants will each create a signature FNO cocktail with fashion-worthy names, like Bandolero’s The Devil Wears Prada and Morton’s The Steakhouse’s Black Tie cocktail.
- Pedicabs are Back! FNO Georgetown will offer complimentary pedicab rides to events throughout the neighborhood and popular car ride service Uber will get attendees to Georgetown with specials that night.
- 100 Stars: The real stars of Fashion’s Night Out are the stores, restaurants and salons who will be hosting fun, creative events throughout the neighborhood. In-store events will range from a DC Scout styling + shopping party at CUSP, complimentary facials at Kiehl’s, an Instagram Style contest at BCBG Georgetown, blowouts + a lipstick bar with Nectar Skin Bar and IPSA Hair Salon and more.
- FNO is Charitable: This year, FNO Georgetown is proud to partner with Vital Voices Global Partnership, the evening’s designated beneficiary for the sale of FNO Georgetown t-shirts and tote bags. Vital Voicesis a DC-based charity that identifies, invests in and brings visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities.