415 New Jersey Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20001
A fun (free) event being held on The Liaison’s Rooftop Pool & Lounge next Thursday (July 24) is part of its “Dive In” series. It’s called Dive Into Dating Deception & Catch Catfish. Catfishing is the phenomenon of internet predators that fabricate online identities and entire social circles to trick people into emotional/romantic relationships.”
Tyler Cohen Wood, author of CATCHING THE CATFISHERS: Disarm the Online Pretenders, Predators, and Perpetrators Who Are Out to Ruin Your Life will be sharing information on “Dating Deception” and what online daters need to know.
A cyber branch chief for the Defense Intelligence Agency (under the Department of Defense), Wood has appeared on various media outlets including the Wall Street Journal and Huffington Post discussing how people can see through online dating “catfish” and frauds.
She will be sharing tips including:
- · How to spot a phony in the online dating world
- · How to read lies and tell what he/she is really looking for from their profile
- · How to create the perfect online dating profile that best represents you
- · What personal information you didn’t know was readily available online
- · What “catfishing” really is and how to prevent it
Plus we’ll have Francesco Amodeo of Don Ciccio & Figli, and cocktail consultant for Lupo Verde slinging drinks.