Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, or veg-curious, DC VegFest (www.dcvegfest.com) is the place to be on September 20th from 11-6pm. More than 15,000 people from the Washington, DC area are expected to attend this yearly celebration of the best of everything vegetarian in and around the nation’s capital.
“From free vegan food samples and cooking demos to a kids activity area and live music, DC VegFest has something for everyone,” says Erica Meier, Executive Director of Compassion Over Killing, the event organizer. “Now in its sixth year, this free outdoor event is the perfect way to spend a beautiful fall afternoon with your family and friends – including your furry four-legged friends who can enjoy free treats in our new Barking Lot.”
During this day-long celebration, more than 100 exhibitors, partners, and sponsors will showcase a wide range of products, services and resources to help Washington, DC-area consumers learn more about why eating a plant-based diet and choosing vegetarian foods is one of the best ways to help protect our health, the planet and animals. VegFest will take place at Yards Park, 355 Water St SE, Washington, DC 20003.
- Robin Quivers — Co-host of the Howard Stern show and author of The Vegucation of Robin
- Doron Petersan – Owner of the award-winning Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats
- Joe Yonan — Washington Post Food Editor and cookbook author
- Lesley Parker-Rollins — Vegan mom and host of Ask a Vegan Family
- Bryant Terry – Eco-chef and author of The Inspired Vegan and Afro-Vegan
- Dr. Neal Barnard – President of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Alexis Fox and Micah Risk of Lighter Nutrition Coaching and Community
- Dr. Betty Smith — 73-year old ultra-marathon runner
- John Schlimm — activist, artist, and international award-winning cookbook author
DC VegFest highlights the many benefits and flavors of vegetarian eating and shows how easy and delicious it is to choose healthier, more sustainable, and kinder foods. Attendees will enjoy free food samples from So Delicious, Tofurky, Larabar, Way Better Snacks, Relay Foods, along with nearly two dozen food vendors including Vegan Treats, Bread & Brew, Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats, Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza, Dama Ethiopian and more.
During the day-long festival, attendees can peruse exhibitor booths from such animal-friendly organizations and companies as Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap, the Humane Society of the United States, Conscious Corner, A Well-Fed World, Animal Rescue Bar, Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness, and many more.
In addition to this event being free and open to everyone, the first 1,000 attendees will also get a free 2014 commemorative DC VegFest tote bag loaded with veg-friendly products, coupons and more!
The DC VegFest was originally founded by the Vegetarian Society of DC and has been organized by Compassion Over Killing since 2009.
Please use #DCVegFest14 to follow along with us on social media.