Wunder Garten (1101 First St. NE) hosts its third annual WINTERFEST holiday pop-up festival — set to be its biggest and best yet — from December 6, 2019 through December 22, 2019. Here, you can find everything from Christmas trees, holiday gifts, beers and warm cocktails, to a variety of holiday activities to get in the spirit of the season.
The festive and lively atmosphere can be a one-stop-shop for holiday cheer, featuring special guests — including Santa! — on Saturdays from 2-8 p.m to take pictures with the family (furry friends included).
What is there to do at WINTERFEST?
- Make merry in Wunder Garten’s temperature-controlled Bier Garten, transformed into a Hoppy, Holiday Wonderland complete with an inundation of holiday décor.
- At the main pavilion, sip and mingle with spiked ciders and hot chocolates, seasonal beers from local breweries and other drinks to deck the halls.
- Pass through the ‘Polar Tunnel’ — an immersive art experience designed by Diod Design.
- Enjoy Chef David Fritsche’s authentic Swiss cuisine in The Chalet, presented by Stable.
- Warm up at festive fire pits and a heated igloo.
- Find the perfect (regionally and responsibly sourced) freshly cut Christmas tree at “The Giving Tree” Christmas Tree Lot.
- Upgrade your gift game by shopping an array of unique and artisan goods from DC makers.
Don’t miss out on District Trivia Nights every Monday and Wednesday, and Classic Christmas Movie Nights on select Tuesdays. Additional weekend festivities feature live performances on Saturdays by Chasing Autumn, The Jared Stout Band and DJ parties like the Ugly Sweater Party and Night of a 1000 Santas, kicking your not-so-silent nights up a notch Fridays and Saturdays from 7 p.m.-12 a.m.
Admission to WINTERFEST is FREE. Wunder Garten is open Monday through Thursday, 4 pm to 10 pm; Friday, 3 pm to 1 am; Saturday, 12 pm to 1 am; and Sunday from 12 pm to 10 pm.