Whether you’re in love, lust or seriously lacking… there’s loads to do this Valentine’s Day! Here are a few unique offerings around the city that just might make your February 14th most memorable this year!
- On Valentine’s Day at 4 pm, Urbana offers its Valentine’s Day Pasta Class + Eat Your Heart Out! You and your carb-lovin’ cutie can participate in a pasta making class with Executive Chef Ethan McKee; Take turns rolling and shaping special heart-shaped pastas while learning how everyday kitchen tools can be used to fashion fresh, fast-cooking pastas… then package your own ready-to-make Valentine’s Day meal to take home! (All classes $45 per person, inclusive of tax and tip, as well as snacks, complimentary beverages, take-home samples and recipe cards). Call for reservations, 202.956.6650.
- Be they tears of joy or pain, Valentine’s Day can be a tear-jerker! This year, Soi 38 gives diners a good reason to cry with its spiced up SOI 38: MAKE YOUR VALENTINE CRY, THAI CHILI TASTING MENU ($45/person). Courses are broken down into types of chilis, so guests can explore the spicy peppers that give Thai food its intensely spicy kick., then finish your meal with Soi 38’s exquisite, hand-painted heart-shaped Look Choup, a classic Thai dessert made of sweetened housemade yellow bean paste.
- Valentine’s is a day to get physical! ((305)) Fitness and Rent the Runway are killing the stress of the season with a chance for ladies to give themselves some love… and a social workout at Be Mine, Valentine. After a choice of three heart-pumping cardio class, attendees will take a free car service to Rent the Runway’s luxurious Georgetown store where they will enjoy complimentary dress styling, a hair and beauty bar, gift bags and more. Want in? Grab a spot here.
- If you’re single in the city — or just happen to have a Taylor Swift style Blank Space in your relationship status — you might want to check out Kabin’s AntiValentine’s Day Blank Space Party, which offers tickets at varying levels with a range of nightlife niceties… like options for open bar. Upon entry, ticket holders will receive a blank space nametag to write… whatever they feel like sharing 😉
- Should you and a bunch of buddies feel like drowning your Valentine’s Day sorrows, what better way than to say My Heart WILL NOT Go On ($65 for a group of 6)at Carmine’s?! A bottle of Prosecco and the restaurant’s famous dessert, the Titanic (five scoops of ice cream on a flourless chocolate torte, whipped cream, bananas, chocolate sauce, strawberries and candied pineapple) should do the trick. Oh – and there’s also a Girls Gone Garlic anti-Valentine’s Day dinner theme here. To keep the vampires — and any last minute bad idea pick-ups — at bay.
- Looking for a sophisticated soiree? For the fourth year in a row, Hillwood Estate, Museum and Gardens is celebrating a special exhibition (Splendor & Surprise) opening with a decadent Valentine’s Day affair: Virtue & Vice. Hundreds of well-heeled guests will party across the lavish estate that once belonged to one of Washington’s most divine hostesses, Marjorie Merriweather Post, with cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, music, dancing. Tours of the exhibition — and a romantic greenhouse full of orchids — are also on the agenda.