Tinder, in partnership with Rock the Vote and Independent Journal Review, hosted a ‘Swipe the Vote’ event Thursday night at the POV Lounge at the W Hotel rooftop overlooking The White House.
Neve Campbell, Michael Kelly, Lisa Edelstein, Esai Morales and other celebrities, social influencers and representatives from Google, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Microsoft and The White House attended for an evening to kick off the annual White House Correspondents Dinner.
Attendees were provided a hardbound, high school yearbook featuring the elite of Washington, D.C. media – a signature swag item of the White House Correspondents Dinner weekend and were able to enter “Swiping Booths” to vote for their choice of the White House Correspondents Yearbook prom king and queen.
Escorting guests from the Altitude Ballroom to the terrace of the W was a line of large-scale mock Tinder profiles from the current 2016 presidential election candidates:
- Clinton: Student Body President. I’ll poll you, your friends and family to find out who exactly you want me to be. Email me if you’re interested. It’s secure. I promise.
- Cruz: The stars at night are big and bright deep in the heart of Texas, let’s Cruz on down and I’ll show you
- Sanders: I’ve got friends in snow places. Feel my burn.
- Kaisch: Ever thought about dating your dad? That’s me! Commere’ and gimme a hug. Putting the Oh! In Ohio since ’52.
- Trump: I’m a wall of a man. I like long walks down my golden escalator. If this works out, you might even get a retweet.