The Darcy is a new boutique hotel slated to open in Scott Circle later this Spring. The hotel, the first Hilton Curio Collection hotel in DC, is so excited to be in the Nation’s Capital that a myriad of local partnerships are planned. Could this new DC hotel actually be the most native the city has ever seen?
Check out these local offerings that are making The Darcy oh-so-very DC:
- Green Hat Gin and Element Shrub will stock a Cocktail Cart that guests can summon to their rooms to create custom cocktails and mocktails. They’ve also created a signature cocktail for the hotel, The Darcy Double, which will be complimentary for guests each evening.
- Urban Stems flower delivery will provide a bi-monthly flower shop pop-up up for guests and locals to BYOB (build-your-own-bouquet)
- Men’s suiting company Read Wall will stock a Men’s Haberdashery for guests to borrow items like ties, pocket squares and cufflinks
- Local stylist Mario Rojas will be on-call as a personal shopper and to create custom suits.And there will be a children’s program, Darcy Kids, which offers:
- Loans of high end strollers, scooters and pushcarts.
- Whimsical ice-cream truck tents in suites booked by families
- Custom-designed coloring books by Kate Zaremba featuring local landmarks.
- Themed activity backpacks on loan for adventure-filled days, including: The Darcy Detective, Hip Historian, Wild in the City, Shoot for the Stars, Culinary Kiddos and Mini Monet.
Look for subtle-yet-playful nods to the Capital City throughout the hotel’s interior, including rose themes (the DC “state” flower) and state portrait-inspired artwork in the guest rooms.
But if you start to feel too DC, don’t worry, The Darcy’s lobby features a politics free zone. That might be something locals would love, but its doubtful to ever to be native.
*Photos credit John Cole Photography