Shaw is about to get some new neighborhood nosh, aka “Modern American Cuisine,” next week. Two guys with a dream they had been talking about for years are set to open a tribute to the area (and one of their daughters…) on a budding block near the Convention Center.
So what’s the tally on DC’s new Thally?! Here are our nine reasons to visit 9th Street’s new hunger haunt:
- It’s easy to play H.O.R.S.E… because the H is silent. (Thally’s name pays homage to Shaw’s formerly famous Tally-Ho Stables (which were located in Naylor Court directly behind the restaurant, since 1883). It’s also strikingly similar to co-Owner Sherman Outhuok’s daughter’s name, Thalia.)
- Ten craft beers on draft.
- They bought a SodaStream. (No, not really. BUT all sodas and colas are homemade here.)
- The entrees are
eroticexotic. (Try the Crab Roulette made with… Peekytoe.)
- 24 wines by the glass, with a rotating list that changes weekly.
- You’ll go to the restroom in an outhouse… or a row-house, or a carriage house. Trust us. It’s artistic.
- Cider. On draft.
- “Thallytails.” Sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon. But they’ll be the most adult-friendly animation you’ve ever consumed. Drink up!
- It’s Shaw. Get excited purely because this neighborhood is having a gastronomic revolution.
*Photo credit: Rebecca Friedlander