Take a sneak peek with Editor, K Street Kate inside the Downtown Holiday Market before it opens to the public!
The Market returns to the nation’s capital for a 16th year bigger than ever and complete with new health and safety protocols, filling two entire blocks of F Street NW, from 7th to 9th Streets NW. Admission to the Downtown Holiday Market is free and open to the public with hours from 12:00PM to 8:00PM. Downtown Holiday Market is closed on Thanksgiving Day, and Mondays on November 30, December 7 and December 14. As always, visitors can expect a range of family-friendly offerings including emerging artisan makers, returning favorite vendors, festive decor and lights, authentic German treats and local bites, and virtual programming over five weeks. Visitors can also purchase gift certificates online in advance, redeemable at the market.
Highlights of this year’s Downtown Holiday Market include:
- Increased Footprint – to allow spacious aisles around the market’s back-to-back retail vendor tents on the street.
- Traffic Management & Capacity – to offer separate entrance and exit points, streamlining a one-way distanced foot traffic flow and limited capacity in the market area.
- Required Face Masks & Enhanced Cleaning – to ensure proper use of face masks or other personal protective equipment (PPE) be required while shopping on the market grounds and high contact surfaces to be sanitized throughout the day.
- “Made in D.C.” Pop-Up – Curated by the DC Department of Small and Local Business Development’s (DSLBD) and The Pop-Up Collective owner Rahama Wright, visitors can explore a range of collectibles from the city’s finest artisans and crafters.
- District of Fashion’s Holiday Booth – The premier fashion program of the Downtown DC BID is launching an open-air boutique for the first-time this month. Visitors can find the award-winning fashion collective debuting fashion lines including female designers Shari Henri, Abram’s Wearable, luxury menswear from Andrew Nowell, contemporary fashion designer Shafei Han and eclectic selections from Ida’s Idea. From December 15-19, shoppers and beauty enthusiasts alike can meet District of Fashion’s hair and makeup director and celebrity stylist, Eva Styles.
- #SoMuchMore & Social Media Giveaways – This Giving Tuesday, December 1, Downtown Holiday Market is giving away opportunities to shop small. Exciting prizes will be awarded to lucky individuals along with a family package giveaway to visit ARTECHOUSE’s new exhibit. Stay tuned for more details on how to enter the giveaways on Downtown Holiday Market’s Instagram, and follow @DowntownHolidayMarket for updates.