Congratulations to the Greater Washington area’s Port City Brewing Company! Late last month, the Alexandria brewery won three medals and top honors at the nation’s largest and most prestigious beer festival.
One of 518 breweries that entered beers in the Small Brewing category, Port City Brewing Company was awarded Small Brewing Company and Small Brewing Company Brewer of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado. The title came after the brewery secured three medals for its beers at the prestigious national competition.
Awards from the Great American Beer Festival (category: Small Brewing Company, 2015):
- Silver medal: Port City Porter (Robust Porter)
- Silver medal: Monumental IPA (English-Style India Pale Ale)
- Bronze medal: Optimal Wit (Belgian-Style Witbier)
- 4-way tie: Most medals at the 2015 festival
- Small Brewing Company and Small Brewing Company Brewer of the Year