The 37th Annual RAMMYs will return – in person! – to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center on September 19, 2021. Some portions of the awards presentation will also continue to be available for livestreaming.
The 2021 RAMMY award showcase is set to be unlike any other year for a number of reasons, including new categories, new requirements, and new opportunities for DC-area dining establishments that previously may have been ineligible to win.
In response to the conditions that largely devastated the restaurant and hospitality industries, the Association this year is offering timely award categories that speak to the unique challenges met in 2020. Additionally, special for this year only, membership in RAMW is not a prerequisite for nomination.
The RAMW Executive Committee will determine the nominees and honorees for four traditional awards, but nearly half of the honors bestowed will be voted on by the public. Anyone in the public can nominate — and those in the industry can nominate themselves and others — for the following 2021 RAMMY Awards categories:
- Managers of the Year
- Employees of the Year
- Formal Fine Dining in a Box
- Most Innovative To-Go Packaging Game
- Outstanding Covid-Safe Redesign (Indoors or Outdoors)
- Most Impressive Pivot to Provisions or Market
- Good Neighbor Award
- Publicly Voted Categories:
- Outstanding Ghost Kitchen or Pop-Up Concept
- Coolest Cocktails and Beverages To-Go
- Standout Family Meal Packages To-Go
- Prime Pandemic Patio Scene
- Technology Trailblazers
- Splendid Holidays at Home Offerings
- Festive Foodie Experiences
- Hottest New Sandwich Spot
- Stellar Brunches at Home
Nominations are currently being accepted and will be taken through 11:59 PM on June 13, 2021.