Share this post
I once had a girl friend who was a wine drinker. Her serious boyfriend at the time drank only beer. It wasn’t destined to work out. She couldn’t resign herself to a life of dinners drinking wine by the glass.
The story still makes me laugh today, but I can’t help but imagine that she’d be making reservations every. Tuesday. night. at Blue Duck Tavern for its new “Blue Duck Uncorked” magnum special. Because… magnums!
Every Tuesday from 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM, Blue Duck Tavern and Blue Duck Lounge (located at Park Hyatt Washington, on the corner of 24 and M Streets, NW) will feature rare magnums by the glass, with four-ounce pours available until each bottle is consumed. These specially selected magnums aren’t found on the restaurant’s featured wine list… and these vintages certainly aren’t usually offered by the glass! Each pour is priced at $30.
So even if my friend was still dating Beer Boy, she’d relish in by the glass glory during the weekly “Blue Duck Uncorked” wine program. Napa Cabernet magnums featured for September through October include:
• September 13: Arietta Winery, Cab Red Blend, “Hudson Vineyard H block,” Napa Valley 2006
• September 20: Arietta Winery, Cab Red Blend, “Hudson Vineyard H block,” Napa Valley 2003
• September 27: BV Cabernet, “Georges de la Tour Private Reserve,” Napa Valley 1991
• October 4: BV Cabernet, “Georges de la Tour Private Reserve,” Napa Valley 1990
• October 11: BV Cabernet, “Georges de la Tour Private Reserve,” Napa Valley 1997
• October 18: BV Cabernet, “Georges de la Tour Private Reserve,” Napa Valley 1986
Previous Post: Vegan? VegFest Has Everything You Never Knew You Needed
Next Post: A Taste of Bethesda’s New Modern Market