Since Mario Batali’s Eataly, so many cultures have sought to create a retail space that equally evoke a love affair with their food, fare, and fun.
The latest is La Cosecha, a latin market concept set to open in DC’s Union Market District in June 2019. It literally means “the harvest” and will be a central gathering point for latin arts, culture, and heritage in the DC area.
La Cosecha will boast over a dozen latin businesses in its culinary/retail/entertainment and community space, all together under one 20,000 square foot roof, in a celebration of all things Central American.
Some of the retail partners already on board include:
- Juan Manuel Barrientos’ 2nd US location of elcielo
- Carolina Furukrona’s luxury lifestyle brand NOVA BOSSA
- Amparo, a modern Mexican eatery, from Christian Irabien
- Venezuelan Chef Frederico Tischler’s White Envelope Arepa & Ceviche bar
- Grand Cata‘s 2nd DC location for wine specialties from Latin America and heritage nations
- 1st brick and mortar location of Peruvian Brothers
Future partners include a coffee shop concept, mezcaleria, and a book and paper boutique.
*Renderings courtesy Gensler