Did you know that America’s sweethearts plan to spend an average of $143.56 each on Valentine’s Day delights?
Personal-finance website WalletHub recently released its report on 2018’s Best Places for Valentine’s Day… and there are a few categories where the Beltway has some best bets.
To determine the most romantic — yet affordable — cities for celebrating the Day of Hearts, WalletHub compared 100 of the largest U.S. cities across 23 key metrics, ranging from florists per capita to forecasted precipitation, to cost of a three-course meal for two.
According to their study, here’s the rankings (1= Best, 50= Average) for Cupid’s Day in our beloved DC:
- 7th – Avg. Ticket Price for Valentine’s Day Party
- 38th – Cost of Three-Course Meal for Two
- 10th – Restaurants per Capita
- 8th – Number of Attractions
- 21th – Avg. Movie-Ticket Price
- 36th – Jewelry Stores per Capita
- 24th – Florists per Capita
- 40th – Avg. Beverage Price
- 40th – Greeting-Card Stores & Gift Shops per Capita
The city’s overall rank was 14th, with San Francisco, CA taking the top spot largely due to its “Activities” and “Gift Accessibility.”
Looks like love may be in the air, but wooing has a lot to do with the wallet!