5110 Ox Rd
Fairfax, VA 22030
Walking With Anthony, a Spinal Cord Injury foundation, teamed up with Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and Alumni Association to host The 5th Annual Charity Celebrity Golf Tournament & Dinner at Country Club of Fairfax
- The event will honor Doug Williams, NFL legend and trailblazer for his great strides in the Spinal Cord Injury community. Williams is known for being the first African American starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl and for his remarkable performance in Super Bowl XXII. Williams became the 1st player in Super Bowl history to pass for 4 touchdowns in a single quarter, and 4 in a half.
- This year’s lead Spinal Cord Injury beneficiary is Georgetown University’s Ty Williams, a Georgetown Senior football player who was tragically hurt with a Spinal Cord Injury during a September football game for the college. Although he cannot play, Ty motivates The Hoyas every day and shows perseverance in face of adversity.
- Former Washington Redskin and local ESPN radio personality Rick “Doc” Walker will serve as the Master of Ceremonies.
- The event will feature a day of golf with Washington Redskins players, alumni, legendary sports celebrities and VIP guests raising awareness during National Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Month (September). Golfers will be treated to The Liberty Mutual Invitational Gift Suite. The Gift Suite will feature a variety of items including golf gear, shoes and custom-rolled cigars.
- 100% of donations to Walking with Anthony will benefit those who so desperately need support on their road to recovery and independence. Walking With Anthony was inspired by Anthony Purcell, a young man who became disabled during a tragic accident in 2010, but can now stand and take steps in braces after years of hard work and physical therapy training. Walking with Anthony is dedicated to raising awareness of the impact of spinal cord injuries (SCI), raising funds to provide financial assistance for SCI victims, expanding rehabilitation centers, and supporting research relating to SCI rehabilitation. The Walking With Anthony mission is to forever change the recovery outcome of SCI, currently perceived as unchangeable.
WHEN: Monday, September 25th
9:30 a.m. Registration, continental breakfast and gift bags
10:00 a.m. Driving range opens
11:30 a.m. Shotgun golf tournament starts (Scramble format)
12:30 p.m. BBQ lunch and snacks on golf course
4:30 p.m. Cocktail hour with entertainment and silent auction
5:30 p.m. Dinner Reception (includes live entertainment, silent/live auctions, celebrity
introductions, raffles, awards and prizes)
WHERE: The Country Club of Fairfax
5110 Ox Road, Fairfax, VA 22030
DETAILS: Registration for individual golfers is $500. Foursomes are $1800 and Foursomes with Redskins Alumni are $2500. Tickets to the Dinner Reception Only are $150. To register for the golf tournament or to purchase tickets to the Dinner Reception, please visit http://www.mariochalmersfoundation.comwww.walkingwithanthony.org.
All golfers will participate in the Getaway2Give (G2G) Hole-in-One Competition. The winner of the competition will receive one trip of their choice to Punta Mita, Mexico, Costa Rica or Chelsea, London.