1310 New Hampshire Ave NW
Washington, DC 20036
In celebration of the official start of summer, Dupont Circle restaurant Firefly and local brewery DC Brau are bringing together the finest flavors of the season with their first-ever ‘Summer Solstice Beer Dinner.’ This festive occasion will pair a quartet of unlimited beers with four courses showcasing ingredients from local growers and farmers and Firefly’s very own rooftop garden!
On Thursday, June 21, DC Brau will be taking over Firefly’s beer taps with a selection of locally made beers ranging from light to sour to heavy. While enjoying healthy four-once pours, guests will learn the ins and outs of beer production and experience the tasting notes first-hand. As an added bonus, Firely has secured exclusive samples of Turbo Boost Multiball, a new premium double IPA from DC Brau. The full line-up of brews includes:
- First: El Hefe German Wheat
- Second: Public Belgian Ale
- Third: Rosé du Gose
- Fourth: Penn Quarter Porter
- Bonus: Turbo Boost MultiBall
Firefly’s Executive Chef Rich Falbo has crafted a summer harvest menu highlighting Mid-Atlantic ingredients to complement each DC Brau beer. Chef Rich will share anecdotes about Firefly’s rooftop garden, commitment to sustainability, and support of local purveyors. Guests will discover the inspiration behind every dish while savoring enhanced flavor profiles provided by the food and beer pairings. The amuse bouche and four courses planned for the special dinner include:
- Amuse: Yellow tomato gazpacho with marcona almonds and parsley gremolata
- First: Duck confit with fresh cherries, bitter greens, chevre, and garden basil
- Second: Fluke a la plancha with garden-fresh tomatoes, watermelon, fennel, and green chiles
- Third: Braised rabbit with lupin beans, garden herbs, and sweet anise
- Fourth: Lemon crème fraiche semifreddo, espresso syrup, and cocoa nibs
The ‘Summer Solstice Beer Dinner’ will be held on Thursday, June 21 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. in Firefly’s main dining room. Guests must be 21+ to attend. Tickets are $49 on Eventbrite, and $55 at the door plus tax. Gratuity is included in the ticket price.