The race is the only marathon run entirely within the District of Columbia. Traveling along Constitution, participants will pass the White House on the right and the stunning Washington Monument on the left as they head toward George Washington University. The course then loops back towards the National Mall and Lincoln Memorial, passing West Potomac Park and crossing the Arlington Memorial Bridge. New for 2013, marathoners will run in the shadows of not only the US Supreme Court but also the US Capitol building before enjoying more than 3 scenic miles along the Anacostia River’s waterfront, with views of the Washington D.C. skyline.
- The event is expected to bring nearly 30,000 runners to the District of Columbia.
- ING KiDS ROCK D.C. will teach 700 local kids the joy and fun of running
- 25 organizations have raised over $250,000 through the event
- Charities have raised more than $287 million through the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series since its inception in 1998
- More than 35 bands along the course at 20 Entertainment Stages
- Local cheerleading squads line the route competing in the Spirit on the Course competition
- Runners will celebrate with a finish line festival & headliner concert featuring Cowboy Mouth
- 26.2-mile foot race
- 13.1-mile foot race
- ING KiDS ROCK D.C.
- 2-day Health & Fitness Expo at the DC Armory
- · Runners from all 50 states and 32 countries
- · 60% female
- · One in Five participants are running their first marathon or ½ marathon.
|Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay Start||7:30 a.m.|
|Men’s Half Marathon Winner(approx.)||8:30-8:45 a.m.|
|Women’s Half Marathon Winner (approx.)||8:45 – 9:15 a.m.|
|Peak time at the ½ Marathon finish line||9:30-10:30 a.m.|
|Men’s Elite Marathon Finish (approx.)||9:30 – 9:45 a.m.|
|Women’s Elite Finish (approx.)||9:45 a.m. -10:00 a.m.|
|Peak time at the Marathon finish line||10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.|
Finish Line Festival – Free and open to the public
Opening Act 8:45 am – 10:15 am
Awards Ceremony 10:30 am – 10:45 am
Cowboy Mouth 10:45 am – 12:00 am
Closing Act 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm