The National Capital Area Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) will kick off its 22nd annual Man & Woman of the Year campaign on Thursday, March 28 at The Huxley. The celebration marks the beginning of an exciting 10-week fundraising competition where candidates compete to earn the title of 2013 Man and Woman of the Year. The titles are awarded to the man and woman in each community for raising the most funds, and the top local fundraisers in the country also win national titles.
The candidates have set a combined goal of raising $1.2 million for lifesaving cancer research while also raising awareness for LLS’s mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. This year’s fundraising is in honor of two special patient heroes, the 2013 Boy & Girl of the Year: Reed Switzer and Madison Nardi.
The 2013 campaign co-chairs are Jennifer Keating of CDWG, 2009 Woman of the Year First Runner-Up and Hap Peden of IBM, 2009 Man of the Year. The evening’s celebration will be emceed by Laura Evans of FOX 5, and guests will enjoy hors d’oeuvres and cocktails. The Man & Woman of the Year winners will be announced at the Grand Finale Gala on June 8, 2013 at the Ritz-Carlton with dinner, entertainment, dancing and a fabulous silent auction.
WHO: 2013 Man of the Year Candidates
- Jeremiah Batucan, Questex Media
- Bradley Blanken, Competitive Carriers Association
- James Hohman, Circa
- David Keuhner, Destination Cellars
- AJ Khetarpal, Maxxum Realtors & Associates
- Jamie Mansy, Sodexo
- Tu Tran, XO Communications
- Leo Tucker, Northwestern Mutual
2013 Woman of the Year Candidates:
- Katherine Baltren, Something Sweet Bakery
- Jeana Foster, MorganFranklin
- Christi Main, TechUSA
- Paula McNichols, McNichols Family Foundation
- Angela Mederos, Cleaners of America
- Roxana Muzzammel, Guident
- Jessica Outer, IBM
- Cybil Parker, CDWG
- Angela Poliskey, Cassidy Turley
- Keri Shull, The Keri Shull Team
- Abbey Slitor, Social Market
- Tiffany Williams, Institute for Policy Studies
WHEN: Thursday, March 28, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
WHERE: The Huxley, 1730 M Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036