La Famosa will partner with local rum distillery, Cotton & Reed, to host a holiday-themed coquito class and demo. Led by chef/owner Joancarlo Parkhurst and GM/Beverage Director, Phil Guernsey, the class will teach guests how to make Puerto Rico’s popular Christmas drink, coquito. Held at the Cotton & Reed Distillery on Sunday, December 12 at 1PM, the event includes:
- Demonstration of a no-cook coquito recipe
- Demonstration of a new seasonal cocktail, La Pera made with house-made spiced rum, fresh passionfruit and pear nectars, ginger beer, and grated nutmeg
- Seasonal bites from the La Famosa kitchen, including Coquito Bread Pudding (a new creation from Parkhurst not on the La Famosa menu), assorted Puerto Rican holiday cookies including Mantecaditos and Besitos de Coco, and Mezcla Sandwiches (mezcla is a cheese spread made with ham and pimento peppers)
- Take-home recipe cards for: Coquito, Pumpkin Spice Coquito, La Pera, Coquito Bread Pudding and Coquito Latte
- One 750 ml bottle of Cotton & Reed Mellow Gold Rum
- One bottle of La Famosa’s coquito base
Tickets, which can be purchased here, are available for $75 each.