May 7, 2014 @ 10:00 PM – May 8, 2014 @ 12:00 AM
Art & Soul
415 New Jersey Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20001
On May 7, Art and Soul
is hosting a friendly biscuit competition to help kick off patio season and raise funds for Hospitality High, a preparatory high school for D.C. students interested in the hospitality industry.Five local chefs will take part in the friendly throw down, with winners decided by the voting public. Battling it out for the title of Biscuit King will be:
- Jason Gehring of Menu MBK
- Hamilton Johnson of Vidalia
- Dylan Fultineer of Rappahannock River Oysters
- Brian McPherson of Jackson 20
- Susan Wallace of BlackSalt
Students from Hospitality High will be helping out at each station, assisting the chefs in the preparation and plating of their biscuit creations.
An all-star lineup of Art and Soul’s industry friends will be lending a hand, including:
- Derek Brown, who will be serving cocktails
- Craig Rogers of Border Spring Farms, who will roast a whole lamb
- Staff from Rappahannock River Oysters, who will be shucking and serving to order
Chef Art Smith will be in attendance for the event and Drymill Road band will perform live bluegrass music.
The event will run on May 7 from 6-8pm on Art and Soul’s patio (indoors should it rain). Tickets are $55 a person and must be purchased in advance at BiscuitBash.Eventbrite.com.
Art and Soul is located at 415 New Jersey Ave. NW. 202.393.7777