Nothing says Beltway Man (or Woman) of
Mystery Mastery like finding where to drink the largest whiskey collection in the Western Hemisphere — clandestinely. So listen up. This one is about knowing what’s up… by going down.
For the first time ever, Jack Rose Dining Saloon is opening its secret bar — a dimly-lit den of wanton whiskiness — which features the owners’ own coveted bottles in addition to JR’s selection of 1600+ fine whiskeys. Starting on September 5th, and continuing Thursday – Saturday through December from 6 PM to midnight, a new “Whiskey Cellar Series,” will bring expert guest speakers to showcase unique whiskeys and offer educational tastings.
Whiskey flights will be available, as will a selection of classic and house cocktails, beer and wine, along with a menu of charcuterie, cheese and small plates — with no reservation required — on this schedule:
- September – Back to School
An education of Kentucky’s finest distilleries in honor of National Bourbon Heritage Month
- Week 1 (September 5-7) – Jim Beam Brands Distilling Co.
- Week 2 (September 12-14) – Heaven Hill Distillers Inc.
- Week 3 (September 17-19) – Kentucky Bourbon Distillers Ltd.
- Week 4 (September 24-26) – Buffalo Trace Distillery
- October – Treats of Scotland
Regional tastes of the Lowlands, Highlands, Islay & Speyside
- November – Giving Thanks to the World
Whiskies of Ireland, Canada, Japan & India
- December – The Gift of Cask Strength
Straight from the barrel to the bottle. Featuring 50 abv (100 proof) selections and above