If you or your guests have ever needed to stay near the Reagan National Airport, you’ve likely considered the Crystal Gateway Marriott.
The Crystal Gateway Marriott, located at 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, has stood tall in the center of vibrant Crystal City for decades. But as the neighborhood continues to be a hot destination spot, Marriott realized that its convenience to the airport — and interior connecting corridor to the Crystal City Metro Station — weren’t giving it enough of an edge.
So to mark 35 years in Arlington, Marriott International just invested the same ($35 million) in the Crystal Gateway Marriott’s renovation.
“We have been rooted in the Crystal City community for 35 years and are excited to continue growing and evolving with the neighborhood,” said hotel General Manager Regan Linke. “Marriott is at the forefront of innovation and is always creating ways to heighten the traveler’s experience and our Crystal Gateway location is no exception.”
The renovated hotel now features accommodations enveloped in a modern, elevated color scheme. Some guest rooms feature views of the iconic monuments overlooking the Potomac River, but all of the reinvented rooms offer travelers unique features like flexible modular furniture, convenient workspaces featuring built-in USB ports, and TVs up to 55″.
Our favorite highlights include:
- The M Club Lounge – An exclusive 24/7 lounge, reserved for Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum Elite members offers complimentary food and beverage options, including local craft beers and wine on tap. The M Club Lounge also offers free elevated business services. Available to all guests for a nominal fee.
- TED Talks – Get inspired through playlists of TED talks now offered through the in-room entertainment system.
- Marriott Hotels Signature Bourbon Program – Certified bartenders offer advanced mixology and a deep knowledge of the history, and production of bourbon. Enjoy world-renowned bourbon brands, as well as signature cocktails, and locally-curated bourbon flights.
- 15th & Eads – 15th & Eads is a farm-to-table restaurant where diners will find a selection that is both diverse and accessible with twists on classics to savor or share with friends. The 110-seat restaurant was designed with both guests and neighbors in mind, perfect for power lunches, happy hour networking, or late night drinks and dinner with friends.
- Fitness Center – The brand new fitness center features advanced strength equipment and offers digital fitness classes with over 600 on-demand workouts like yoga courses, interval training and cardio boot camp. State-of-the-art cardio equipment comes with those aforementioned TED Talk videos on-demand.
- Greatroom – This updated stylish hub of the hotel serves as a great social gathering place for both day and night. Eat and drink here.. and enjoy the free WiFi!