There’s no doubt about it, 2020 has been the year of the drive-in. And just in time for falling temperatures to have us seeking shelter in heated venues, family, friends, and film fans still have a great safe and socially distant drive-in movie option to watch great classic cinema together under the stars.
The Alexandria Drive-In Theatre is extending its run with an Encore Series — weekends through December 5, 2020 — in the Eisenhower section of Alexandria in the parking lot connected to commercial space owned by Stonebridge.
Here’s the lineup (note, some double features!):
- Saturday, November 7 – Nanny McPhee & The Race (Double Feature)
- Sunday, November 8 – Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
- Saturday, November 14 – The Secret Life of Pets & Pitch Perfect (Double Feature)
- Friday, November 20 – Sea Biscuit
- Saturday, November 21 – How to Train Your Dragon & 42 (Double Feature)
- Friday, December 4 – The Bourne Identity
- Saturday, December 5 – The Grinch & Love Actually (Double Feature)
Gates open and movies start at varying times for each production. Cost is $35/car per screening, with the lot comfortably accommodating up to 215 cars per screening.
Movie patrons can bring their own refreshments or support food truck cuisine from local vendors courtesy of Goodfynd, who will be onsite to provide a rotating selection of sweet and savory snacks and suppers from DC Slices, Chix N Stix, Lattimore’s Funnel Cakes, and Popped Republic — offered via mobile ordering. Each vehicle will receive a garbage bag for guests to bin their own trash and to carry out post-screening.